Search the forum,

Discuss Stained Riven Black Porcelain. HELP! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aintgotnosetile

Hi I tiled a bathroom 2 weeks ago with 600x300 riven black porcelain,everything went to plan.
The customer purchased the tiles himself .I sealed the tiles using HG impregnator
Fitting was onto existing mosaic tiles so I BAL BONDED before fixing with Rapidset flexi.
I grouted tiles with Mapie 110 manhattan grout, and cleaned off using Rubi Washboy (4 times) and then gave a final dust.
The job looked great when finished and customer was happy with job.
I then got a call on Friday saying that the tiles are now showing a grey dust or stain on the surface!
I told the client I have no idea what could cause this as the job was cleaned properly(been caught out before with porcelain tiles)
The client then informed me she had steam cleaned the tiles using a profession steamer.
Could the steam cleaner have caused the stains?Or removed the sealer? Any info on cleaning these tiles now would be very helpful.
Sorry for the long post but its always best to give as much info as possible.
Cheers. Ian

Reply to Stained Riven Black Porcelain. HELP! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.