Search the forum,

Discuss Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Yes, the time has come again to ask the question What is the price per sqm for site work in outer London. Brentford / Ealing (West London) to be precise.

This question relates to a recent post asking for tilers to tile 600x300 fully tiled bathrooms (no windows). The rate is £16 psqm. Addy & grout provided in room.

I've got no work at the moment, but £16 per sqm will not make me much. However, I don't know the layout of the room and I don't know if it's ceramic or porcs

I've searched the forum for recent prices but the threads i've found are pretty old. Is £16 good or bad. It's been a while since I did site work and about 7 years ago I was making £40 a day after all deductions!

Cheers Sean

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Thanks for the quick replies.
How many m2 are you doin a day to end up with £40 a day mate?
That was a long time ago Mr T and it was for sorting out the snagging list. The job was in Stratford which took me 27 stops on the central line and a mile walk.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Cheers for replies I'm just thinking about lugging around my big Sigma (for the 600x300) and all the other stuff too, plus probably parking half a mile away and attending site induction on first day...................it's not worth the small reward. I was hoping to dip into site work when things go a bit quiet. However, I can see how the fast tilers can make their money. Cheers Sean

S

Simon benn Leeds

Cheers for replies I'm just thinking about lugging around my big Sigma (for the 600x300) and all the other stuff too, plus probably parking half a mile away and attending site induction on first day...................it's not worth the small reward. I was hoping to dip into site work when things go a bit quiet. However, I can see how the fast tilers can make their money. Cheers Sean
I used to do Lakeland stores and could easily do 40mtr of slate floor tiles a day labouring on my self!. (Laid only)
Power floated floor, 6 mtr wide (full tile to full tile by 40/ 50/ 60+ mtr long ahhhh those were the days ha ha.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I used to do Lakeland stores and could easily do 40mtr of slate floor tiles a day labouring on my self!. (Laid only)
Power floated floor, 6 mtr wide (full tile to full tile by 40/ 50/ 60+ mtr long ahhhh those were the days ha ha.

Im sure you could earn plenty with that sort of area.

The homes I did for bovis were a nightmare.
plots consisted, on average:

1.75sqm bathroom floor, half tiled walls at about 7sqm.
en suite about the same coverage. But rooms are tiy and its all the way up in the wet area.
Kitchen floor of abiut 9sqm max.

Never would a complete plit be ready and rooms clean to get into. Had to slot tiles behind the basin and WC which had already been loose fitted by the plumber.

so you move from plot to plot just to get some coverage in.

T

The D

Im sure you could earn plenty with that sort of area.

The homes I did for bovis were a nightmare.
plots consisted, on average:

1.75sqm bathroom floor, half tiled walls at about 7sqm.
en suite about the same coverage. But rooms are tiy and its all the way up in the wet area.
Kitchen floor of abiut 9sqm max.

Never would a complete plit be ready and rooms clean to get into. Had to slot tiles behind the basin and WC which had already been loose fitted by the plumber.

so you move from plot to plot just to get some coverage in.

it’s not like that on the sites we do there is never ever sanitary in just the shower tray and bath, we don’t get a lot of kitchen walls but we do get a lot of floors sometimes kitchen utility dining room and hall then there is the bathroom and en-suite floor equating to up to 60m2 per plot. The only kitchen walls we do are in the social plots and they are few and far between.

I tiled a small plot on monday for Charles Church 11m en-suite started at 7.30 finished tiling at 9.00 and started the 14m bathroom finished that at 12.30 grouted them both by 1.45 and was packed up and on my way home by 2.00 the plot was worth £350.00 so not a bad day in a small plot.

M

Mr Tiler

it’s not like that on the sites we do there is never ever sanitary in just the shower tray and bath, we don’t get a lot of kitchen walls but we do get a lot of floors sometimes kitchen utility dining room and hall then there is the bathroom and en-suite floor equating to up to 60m2 per plot. The only kitchen walls we do are in the social plots and they are few and far between.

I tiled a small plot on monday for Charles Church 11m en-suite started at 7.30 finished tiling at 9.00 and started the 14m bathroom finished that at 12.30 grouted them both by 1.45 and was packed up and on my way home by 2.00 the plot was worth £350.00 so not a bad day in a small plot.
Bloody noora i didnt know that amount would be worth that much mate

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham

Bing bang boshhhhh.... :)

T

The D

Yep bing
image.jpg

Bang
image.jpg

Bosh
image.jpg

LoL

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Thanks for that Deano, I looked at yr pics last night and thought that was good going for brown floor tiles and a few brown wall tiles........then I zoomed in and saw the beige tiles too!! (was looking at it on a mobile).

Maybe you could charge tilers a few £££ to watch you tile. 'A day with Deano'. Very impressive.

Maybe start a new 'Quickest job of the month' comp?

I wouldn't even make £100 a day sadly. When I did site work a few years ago I actually got locked in on site for 2 hours. I did not realize everyone else had gone home. The security man was nowhere to be seen, but he eventually appeared.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I don't know if it's the way in which you come into tiling. I had done a good few years of only private work before I even attempted site work.
I've never been a quick tiler, might just be a case of not knowing how to do that sort of tiling.
Not by any means knocking site tiling, what im saying is maybe it's an art of tiling in its own right.

Same prices as around Glos' for site work , suits me and i aint the fastest. Depends what it is though . I just aim for 10m² a day personally , but then all my stuff is local to me .

But I did a 15m² recently and had it down in 2.5hrs , happy days :0) , you have to look at it over a month or so rather than a day. Somes good days , somes not so good.

The floor by the way had full tiles on the 3 sides and no skirting , laser on , bing bang bong. :0)

Diggy

Reply to Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement