Search the forum,

Discuss Quarry tiles dry white in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Help! I have Victorian quarry tiles laid on dirt. I’ve just spent days cleaning them first with HG cement, mortar & efflorescence remover as there were little bits of cement here and there after steam cleaning, then with HG Terracotta Remover. The previous owners I think just put polish over dirty tiles as i used buckets and buckets of water before they were clean. The floor looked brilliant, I waited 24 hrs to make sure the floor was dry before applying HG Terracotta Shine Seal. The first coat looked great, after drying for an hour I applied the second coat in the opposite direction. It was walked on once after an hours drying and then a couple of times 7hours later. After all this work the second coat has dried patchy with white shine seal clearly visible. Can I do anything to rescue it? I really need to get my furniture back in, Xmas tree up and will not have time to remove reapply and wait 3 days again for it to cure b4 Xmas!! Any ideas??

Attachments

• 34A4D3FB-F472-46BB-B832-05746F6B6C99.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 975F43AC-2350-4224-BF65-3792BCD22369.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Quarry tiles dry white in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays