Search the forum,

Discuss Popping tiles where underfloor heating pipes are... in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

GaryS

TF
London
Hi, some of the tiles in the kitchen, landing and bathrooms have grout that that loosened and fallen out and tiles are popping in various places. Mostly where the underfloor heating pipes are. Under tile is concrete.

We ripped some of the tiles out and re laid again. However the issue is still happening.
Is there any suggestion to fix without ripping more tiles out? Or can anyone help?. I am based in Essex.
Thanks

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Could be a couple of things, Flexible adhesive wasn't used to fix the tiles and can't handle with the expanding and contracting when the pipes heat up. Or you've got a hot spot where flow pipes could be, or the ufh is running to hot.

@JulianSidney is based in Essex and knows his UFH, he maybe able to help.

Reply to Popping tiles where underfloor heating pipes are... in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays