Search the forum,

Discuss MR Plasterboard in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

I am in the process of building a couple of stud walls to create a shower cubicle. Built from 4"x2" studs they will be covered in backing board and tanked/waterproofed before tiling.

The third wall in the cubicle already exists and is constructed of MR plasterboard on 6" studs and then skimmed. Will this be adequate if it is tanked/waterproofed before tiling or should I be looking at removing the plasterboard in the shower area and replacing it with backing board. If so, any advice and creating the join between the two, especially as the studs are unlikely to be in the right place?

Many Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to MR Plasterboard in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays