Search the forum,

Discuss more terrazzo restoration work. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RockCeramics

Started another terrazzo restoration in Fulham on Thursday,
thought i,d share some photo progress. the job consists of 3 ladies toilets for the lbhf (hammersmith & fulham) social services.
the work process i,m doing is complete strip of terrazzo walls & floor,
wet diamond polish to a 400 grt finish then a 400 resin bond pad finish on floors
some minor repairs where any fixtures removed.

Attachments

• barclay 019.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 51
  • barclay 020.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 49
  • barclay 023.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 53
  • barclay 024.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 56
  • barclay 026.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 49
  • barclay 027.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 53
  • barclay 029.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 49
  • barclay 031.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 41
  • barclay 032.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 42
  • barclay 080.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 45
  • barclay 060.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 47
  • barclay 061.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 48
  • barclay 014.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 47
T

Terry Cottar

Started another terrazzo restoration in Fulham on Thursday,
thought i,d share some photo progress. the job consists of 3 ladies toilets for the lbhf (hammersmith & fulham) social services.
the work process i,m doing is complete strip of terrazzo walls & floor,
wet diamond polish to a 400 grt finish then a 400 resin bond pad finish on floors
some minor repairs where any fixtures removed.

What grit do you start with? Do you use diamonds or carborundum? What machine do you use for the walls? Do you use the same for the floors?

tel

R

RockCeramics

What grit do you start with? Do you use diamonds or carborundum? What machine do you use for the walls? Do you use the same for the floors?

tel
Hi Tel,
For polishing the walls i first applied stripper then used the Flexible Diamond Electroflex Pads GRADE 60 -120 -200-400.attached to a orbital waterfeed sander.
For the floor i used 36 to 80 grit carborundum discs.then i used
banana polishing pads from 120 - 200 - 400.

C

Cerbera450

Hi Tel,
For polishing the walls i first applied stripper then used the Flexible Diamond Electroflex Pads GRADE 60 -120 -200-400.attached to a orbital waterfeed sander.

Why do you use a 36 to 80 grit carborundum disc instead of diamonds of the same grade?.

T

Terry Cottar

Hi Tel,

Just about to start a 480M2 Terrazzo floor end of January. 100 years old in three colours did a test the other day going to need 100 Metals then 200, 400 & 800 resins then polish. I cannot get on with carborundums at all! What do you use to grind after you have put your repairs in? I have 22M2 of repairs and matching in on this job! Thank god the walls have been done they are all marble but there is around 1500M2 of it and I hate vertical polishing

tel

E

enduro

Just about to start a 480M2 Terrazzo floor end of January. 100 years old in three colours did a test the other day going to need 100 Metals then 200, 400 & 800 resins then polish. I cannot get on with carborundums at all! What do you use to grind after you have put your repairs in? I have 22M2 of repairs and matching in on this job! Thank god the walls have been done they are all marble but there is around 1500M2 of it and I hate vertical polishing

tel
Sounds a nice job tel. :thumbsup:

T

Terry Cottar

Sounds good, i will call you next week. :smilewinkgrin:

Only call me Tuesday or Wednesday mate or otherwise after Xmas but you know you are welcome on this one. Your place is reserved! I am even going to buy you a new 3000 Watt Machine for Xmas do you want the jug type or the traditional type? I will even buy 1/2 dozen new mugs to go with it:lol::lol::lol:

tel

R

RockCeramics

tel
This does depend on the size of the areas,
for small resin repairs the tools i use is the 7" hitachi grinder with g- tec
with carb discs. + dry hoover
G-Tec%20L%20web.jpg

cement insitu i use an Ellis with the blocks (wet cut).

Reply to more terrazzo restoration work. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.