Search the forum,

Discuss Marble Importers in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

Hi,
I'm in the North East and want to find a local importer/supplier of botticino marble - any suggestions? Places like Topps Tiles are far too expensive. I'm paying around 40 pounds per square metre including shipping and VAT.
Also, what wet cutter do I need to cut marble (in a straight line). Thanks.
I find the best tile cutter is a professional tiler.

D

DHTiling

Hi,

I'm in the North East and want to find a local importer/supplier of botticino marble - any suggestions? Places like Topps Tiles are far too expensive. I'm paying around 40 pounds per square metre including shipping and VAT.
Also, what wet cutter do I need to cut marble (in a straight line). Thanks.

Try Perfect Home and Garden... Click on the PHG wetrooms logo on the left of the page... he is in the north east and is an Importer.. so prices and quality are good..

G

Gazzer

I use a Victrix 900 (about £230)and do an awfull lot of cutting which it does great on but if I were replacing it now I'd tend to go for the Rubi. I'm having to use a reducing ring with the blades every time (absolutely no fun when you drop that in the sludge bucket!) and I've got buckets under 2 of the legs to collect the water :prrr:

You will need a bath under the Rubi then :thumbsdown:

Ever so slightly over the budget though? :smilewinkgrin:

To be honest the Vitrex isn't that bad, I do have various granite tiles that I place on top for my cutting guides so it cuts down on the gaps for the water to drain away. I imagine you'll get spray with most of them, I just put up with it now.

I must be getting a bit soft in my old age though as I boil up a kettle of water and pour that into the tank so the waters not too cold when I start up!

Reply to Marble Importers in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays