Search the forum,

Discuss Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hello!

I am about to lay a walk in shower with 120cm X 20 cm tiles.
In general the room will be a "brick" type layout.
The walk in shower is closed on 3 sides and borderless on the front.
The drain is a hole type drain which is off center, which means I will have to generally cut the 'v shape' to follow the contour of the shower floor.
The shower is 110X120 cm which means a single tile will fit the entire length - but will have to be cut to follow the contours.

My question is: should I follow the brick pattern like the rest of the room - introducing a new grout line, or simply tile this part with the minimum grouting necessary?

Here are the two examples:

1591355714372.png

thanks in advance for any insight!

regards,
Claude

Reply to Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement