Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with Glass Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

So, we chose blown glass accent tiles for our shower. Looked fine coming out of the package. During installation, a lot of the corners chipped off! Contractor says this is the “nature of the material”, and it’s “part of the look”. However, I have viewed other samples of this work. Maybe one or two tiles had chipped corners, but not a large number! Is contractor being honest with me? Is it possible to remove select tiles and replace them, or does the entire accent need to be removed? Pic of the work below. Thanks!

Attachments

• E605E2FC-97BC-45C1-BF99-352486C00E86.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
brackley
So, we chose blown glass accent tiles for our shower. Looked fine coming out of the package. During installation, a lot of the corners chipped off! Contractor says this is the “nature of the material”, and it’s “part of the look”. However, I have viewed other samples of this work. Maybe one or two tiles had chipped corners, but not a large number! Is contractor being honest with me? Is it possible to remove select tiles and replace them, or does the entire accent need to be removed? Pic of the work below. Thanks!
These look very similar to fired earth igm (iridescent glass mosaic) , if so
the tiler is right , that is how they are , and he's done a reasonable job

Reply to Issue with Glass Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Birthdays