Search the forum,

Discuss Is this spot bonding and if not will it be an issue? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello,

I'm a member of the public and would really appreciate your opinion on a tiling job that is being done right now.

My landscaper is tiling my patio with large ceramic tiles 75x75cm. I got home and noticed that the tiles sound very hollow when knocked. On looking at CCTV I noticed that he hasn't put adhesive under the whole tile, but only around the edge and then a H shape in the middle. Is this acceptable and will it cause issues? The hollow sound already doesn't sound good. Should I ask him to relay with more adhesive is that even possible?

Thanks for any replies on advance.

Some photos of how he is putting down the adhesive.

Attachments

• IMG-20220719-WA0012.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-20220719-WA0013.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 43

Reply to Is this spot bonding and if not will it be an issue? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays