Search the forum,

Discuss iphone5, samsung galaxy or sony xperia??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I have no idea what peoples obsession over "smart" phones is all about. I have the Samsung GT-E1080i. Cost me £10.00 has one game to pass time, i can make calls and text people! It's the most indestructable phone i have ever come across, i've dropped, trod on, thrown, got it wet and much more and it's still going strong.

I've had a touch screen phone before and after having hands covered in adhesive and using the phone it lasted all of a month. But, if i was to pick any of the phones from your list it's samsung all the way for me. Anything electrical i buy samsung. Never had a problem with anything from them.

B

Bubblecraft

I have no idea what peoples obsession over "smart" phones is all about. I have the Samsung GT-E1080i. Cost me £10.00 has one game to pass time, i can make calls and text people! It's the most indestructable phone i have ever come across, i've dropped, trod on, thrown, got it wet and much more and it's still going strong.

The obsession is that it's not just a phone. The iPhone is a portable computer. Can your Samsung GT-E1080i do quotes & invoices? Can it take notes & drawings in a high scale level? Can it take card payments? Can it do your accounts? The list can go on. Don't get me wrong, small cheap phones are great when your doing messy work. No worries of the screen getting smashed or adhesive stuck in the buttons. Through it away & buy another for a tenner but that's the obsession.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I have a laptop for most of what you are suggesting though.
Drawings etc i tend to do by hand, even down to "3d" representation. If you take a look at my JOTM entry for August 2012 i have submitted my hand drawn sketches etc as well. I'm not suggesting this is better than a computer drawing, i find the personal touch of presenting a hand drawn image works for me.
I never quote or plan on first visit either, i take notes and go home to work on it. But each to there own. I used to be a bit of a tech head. But really don't see the point of investing into phones with all these gadgets and apps. Like i say, i have my laptop for that.

But either way, without looking at the phones, specs etc. From the list of your options i'd steer myself towards Samsung evertime.

Reply to iphone5, samsung galaxy or sony xperia??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.