Search the forum,

Discuss I hate doing floors, Who agree's with me ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Nearly finished two small fidley bathroom floors. think i done well for time but im working in the morning as a postman and tiling in afternoon so im nackered :mad2:

My legs and back are all pulled, cant move, and ive still got to walk 10 miles delivering tomos and grout up afterwards. :mad2:

dont worry about me im just having a little moan cos i hate doing floors, i wouldnt mind because i dont even have a beer belly and fat fingers to get in the way.

Give me a splashback any day of the week :lol: :thumbsup:

G

GatesheadCol

Tysfoot,

Give it a go mate I was reluctant at first and I have to admit the first time it took me ages and felt like it was more hassle than it was worth.

I just have about 5 Push fit stop ends I( was sceptical about using them at first thinking this wont work but it did, a pipe cutter and some either push fit flexi pipes (with isolator vales preferrably as I think you have to fit them these days) or compression fitting.

Mind the toilet wastes are a mare if there isnt any play in them but you can buy flexi waste bits to use.

Suppose it depends on the job but I have to admit now its easier to do and looks much better mate.

On refits where the bathroom is being installed ask them to ask the plumber to fit flexi pipes and when he comes to fit the toilet ask him to sit the toilet on top of some wood to represent the lift the tiles will give.

P

penno

In my opinion i think doing floors are more straightforward than kitchen splashbacks or bathrooms,not as many obstacles to overcome,but can be pretty rough on the old spine and knees,but really its easy money isn't it?

Not that easy at times, the 600 x 600 granites i laid a few weeks back have still left me sore, my right arm still won't fully straighten. Heavy $£"$$"%

Reply to I hate doing floors, Who agree's with me ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.