Search the forum,

Discuss Hardie question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Blimey.......£39.99 a bag !!.....daylight robbery...

20160803_063141.png

C

Cabnero

Out of interest what would you guys pay for the same or equivalent adhesive. Obviously you are using it all the time and will have trade accounts but even for a diyer you're right 40 quid a bag is ridiculous. I was asking a guy in another tile shop who said you get what you pay for. I went for bal because on every tile course I went on they kind of pushed bal and didn't mention any other addy.

T

Time's Ran Out

Although I asked you how much you'd paid, we don't reciprocate the courtesy and discuss prices in open forum. Sorry!
However in future you could try a trade tile distributor and you may be able to get a couple of bags of a similar product for that price.
I've used Bal products since the early '70s (1970's) from one of there earliest ready mixed adhesives Bal Tad to their wide joint grey grout and they have some guaranteed good products. But unless specified there are some excellent alternatives at trade prices.

H

hmtiling

Although I asked you how much you'd paid, we don't reciprocate the courtesy and discuss prices in open forum. Sorry!
However in future you could try a trade tile distributor and you may be able to get a couple of bags of a similar product for that price.
I've used Bal products since the early '70s (1970's) from one of there earliest ready mixed adhesives Bal Tad to their wide joint grey grout and they have some guaranteed good products. But unless specified there are some excellent alternatives at trade prices.
Good job you clarified 1970's John ;)

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Good job you clarified 1970's John ;)

Crikey John,

How many years have you actually been fixing!?

Reply to Hardie question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays