Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible additive to water ratio in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Countryboy

Hi Folks, I wonder if someone could help me. I'm going to be putting up some large format ceramic tiles. I've bought Dunlop Floor and Wall adhesive and Dunlop Flexible Additive. I'm being told by the supplier to 'use 1 2.5Kg container of additive per 10Kg of adhesive'. As far as I can see that would mean I have to use it near enough neat, since the container says mix 1 Kg additive with 1Kg of water per 9Kg of adhesive.

Is there any advantage in using it at higher strength?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks and regards,

CB.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
More damage can be done at a higher strength, in different ways to not using it at all mind. Keep it to what it says on the bottle and kindly tell the guy that sold it you to get some product training, free from Dunlop too. :)

1:1 water and additive if that's what it says.

Note that when you do this, you generally get less working time with the adhesive, and it's near on impossible to clean your trowels after you've used it if you have left them for an hour or so, so work clean and in small quantities 'till you're up to speed and comfortable!

C

Countryboy

Thanks for the quick response and advice Dan. It didn't seem too flakey at the time since I didn't have a container in front of me with the instructions on, but once I'd read them and realised it'd have to be practically neat I got a bit worried so I thought I'd ask the real experts!

Now of course I have 3 2.5Kg containers of Dunlop Additive too many and no returns are accepted.....

I'm not doing very well, since I also bought (ahem!) rather too many tiles! Still, better to have too many than too few :)

Cheers,

CB.

Reply to Flexible additive to water ratio in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.