Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior Tiling in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

antded

Update on finished path.
Finally ... levelled withTilemaster Levelflex and fixed tiles with Tilemaster Ultimate. Finished with Ardex grout

The Ultimate Rapid is a superb product (will be using again). A rapid set that stays workable for nearly 30 mins

Taken a pici

Victorian Path.jpg

O

Old Mod

Update on finished path.
Finally ... levelled withTilemaster Levelflex and fixed tiles with Tilemaster Ultimate. Finished with Ardex grout

The Ultimate Rapid is a superb product (will be using again). A rapid set that stays workable for nearly 30 mins

Taken a pici

View attachment 78306
Don't want to rain on your parade and it looks really well,
but just a thought tho, did u check with TM about suitability of Levelflex for exterior use?
It's basically an internal product but can be used externally in certain situations, mainly well protected from the elements I think. Can't remember exactly.

O

Old Mod

I was thinking more on the lines of
' what in the gods do you think he is going to cover a outside path with, carpet ' :)

I know what u were thinking Craig!:D

Saying that, there addy is for external I hope, I tiled my patio with it and it's solid ,and it's been snowed on, rained on, sunshined on, frosted on and wee'ed on by drunken lads and it's still solid ,

And yes it is,
image.jpeg

A

antded

I checked with their Tech Dept. I take on board the comments about the moisture ingress ... but hey it is outside.
The path does slope considerably and designed to slope(ever so slightly) right to left as you look at picture, so technically - water always running away. The exposed edge was filled with extra adhesive. Not much more I could do, other than use an alternative leveller. Live & Learn.
Gut feel .... 100% happy with job.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire

Reply to Exterior Tiling in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement