Search the forum,

Discuss Diy tiling hallway help in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sof11

-
Leeds
Hi, i would like a bit of advice on supplies for diy job for a small hallway 3M2
I have chosen some porcelain tiles for the floor and have got some 6mm backing boards. id like to know what adhesive is good and grout?
i also would love to know is i just use a tile sealent to finaih the edge next to the skirting boards? Do i also need anything for the front door gap?
i have rang around so many tilers and they say the job is too small.
any help will be much appreciated.
thanks Sophia

I would pop in and see what they've got there. Ideally you'd use a powder, rapid set adhesive for porcelain floor tiles, and use a silicon sealant where tile meets skirting. They might be able to do you silicon that's colour matched to whichever grout you choose.
Rapid set adhesive sets quickly but you don't need to mix up a whole bag at once.

Sof11

-
Leeds
I would pop in and see what they've got there. Ideally you'd use a powder, rapid set adhesive for porcelain floor tiles, and use a silicon sealant where tile meets skirting. They might be able to do you silicon that's colour matched to whichever grout you choose.
Rapid set adhesive sets quickly but you don't need to mix up a whole bag at once.
Thank You thats my next stop.

Reply to Diy tiling hallway help in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays