Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting tiles to direct water properly on former in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kristian

Hi. I've an Impey former 1700 x 750. The drain is midway along the 1700 length but offset along the 750 breadth about 1/3 of the way. I'm looking for tiling advice before I buy tiles please.

1. I've tested the tray is working by pouring water over it and the water does make it's way to the drain so currently it's fine. What cutting guides would I make on the tray to correctly guide the water to the drain? Just four lines, one from each corner to the centre of the drain? Or 8 lines?

2. At the edge of the tray, do I cut the tiles where the tray meets the chipboard?

3. Also, what is the best way to cut the floor tiles - hand cutter or machine? Is a cheap machine ok or will it just make a mess of the tile edges?

4. What gap should be used on floor tiles of a wetroom?

5. What size of tile should be used on the wetroom floor? Does it matter? The ones I'm looking at are Wickes 615 x 308

any help on these would be ace, thanks.

Reply to Cutting tiles to direct water properly on former in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement