Search the forum,

Discuss Can ceramic tiles warp during storage? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

I feel this is a dumb question but I've had another day from hell, today, so apologies and I hope it makes sense.

I've been working with a very light ceramic 480 x 320 in brickbond, today.
The issue that I have is every tile has been "proud" of the corners below when I pack the tile so that the new corners are flush with the centre of the lower tile (plasterer did a rubbish job, too, so that's not helping either). It seems that no matter how I pack the tiles the centre is always pround or the edges are sunk so I have shadowing everywhere. it's like trying to tile with bananas!

Can ceramic tiles warp? Is that my problem, or can anyone sugest how I can overcome this issue, please?

Thanks in advance.

W

wetdec

This generally happens with extruded floor tiles they get concave during firing and its alowable so not a fault. Its a good way to spot a tiler that doesnt know what he should, his floor tiles sound hollow in the centre.

Personally I have rarely laid a tile and not risen it to check the bond, yes I know its a little more time but I defy anyone to find a hollow tile I have laid.

Nothing worse than a woman in high heels walking across a floor you laid and one of the tiles is hollow, she will tell everyone she draws breath with and you lose custom.

tiler :thumbsup:

Reply to Can ceramic tiles warp during storage? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.