Search the forum,

Discuss Best tile cutter? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

like the guys say i think you have to road test one (like you would with a new car), i love Rubi cos i can see the cutter wheel and line up with marks at the front and rear of a tile, i cant see the wheel on a sigma. But to me it looks like the Sigma is better made and is a much better price for what you get especially for the high brake pressure models. Maybe go to a friendly tile shop with a few scrap tiles and ask to borrow the cutter they use for making their displays - might have to visit a couple of shops before you get your hands on both types, but if they think they might sell you a cutter in the future i bet they will be helpful (Ive found the guys at Tile Giant, Tile Style, Topps etc ok in any case). So go and play :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I like the sigma myself though how do you find when cutting say a 600x600 the side support wont take the weight on its own,so for example your supporting the tile with one hand,cutting with the other and you need maximum pressure on the score.I find it awkard on the pull,how do you find it?

Never found that problem. Hold the tile and score with one hand....I never have to score hard anyway.
If it is that much of an issue cant you put a block of wood or tile to the side and rest the tile on that ?

andy-p

TF
Arms
Everyone says rubi, but i'm never blown away by them. My brother in law has a montolit, I hate it, just can't get along with it. Need to use a mallet for breaking porc nicely.
I've got a kaufman topline and I absolutely love it. First time my bro in law used it was on porc, broke perfect first time with fingertip effort. His only words were "wow!" followed by a sigh
you almost certainly are not using the monty properly , i have the mp75 and its brilliant for cutting porcelain...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

Reply to Best tile cutter? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I am looking for 1 wickes Mississippi grey tile - damaged 1 tile in my kitchen and they have been discontinued 😭😭 looked everywhere online - wondered if anyone could help😞
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays