Questions and tiling advice in the Job Pricing Forum - Check your quoted price is okay for your area. Gain help on pricing a job. And post other pricing-related information and advice threads in this forum category..
Search the forum,
Normal Threads
These can get really time comsuming sometimes, I've made the mistake of underestimating time to complete on them many times. What's a fair price on this example, labour for bog standard subway...
  • WDavison
Replies
Views
    • Winner
priced this job other day 64m2 for 2 men 14m2 wall tiling porcelain 600x300 half bond 8m2 split face 42m2 floor tiling 600x600 porcelain labour plus addy and grout , plus glued and...
  • nybor62
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
Priced up a 24sqm kitchen floor, 600 porcelain onto asphalt over stone flags. Priced to pimengrip, slc, tile and grout, with materials included £1,100. Local Almurads have been yesterday and...
  • Spare Tool
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
O
This is a post from an American trade forum today. I appreciate there’s a lot to consider when comparing ourselves to our contemporaries abroad, but it still makes you wonder, doesn’t it? This...
  • Old Mod
2 3
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
M
I've just been shopping for new bathroom items and maybe I'm just out of touch but the prices are higher than I was expecting and overall everything's comin in at around double what I was...
  • Marvo
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
just price this job new shop at my local fishery , were I do most my fishing 156m2 600x400 half bond, supply all materials , black grout , 10 bags of latex for low spots , 3 lengths of 10mm...
  • nybor62
Replies
Views
One Day
O
So i have been recommended for this one, went to see it yesterday, new build. Two bathrooms, kitchen backsplash, so thats all fine, day rate. My problem is, I am a plasterer to...... so there is...
  • Wishiwasatoptiler
Replies
Views
F
Got a job to look at tonight, I've not seen it but she says there is 5m in Kitchen, 1 window. I've never used these before, after a bit of advice with the pricing, I think mainly the grouting side...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Gents, been asked to price for removal and install of anti slip tiles in a hotel. Going to supply R12 rated 200x200 porc. Interested to hear how many skips you reckon for the waste and how would...
  • goz
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
F
seems to only be me who posts in here! Just been to look at a job, a very old cottage with currently tiled floors which will need a lot of preparation, but anyway, They want stone laying, yet to...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
another one ive been to look at. She wants it starting 1st job aft new year . 2 bathrooms , 40m2 walls, 12m2 floors (thats both bathrooms) Kitchen 4m2 walls , 17m2 floor Hallway 7m2 floor...
  • widler
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
U
27 metre floor ten bags of addy , cant complAin did have a good floor last month lol
  • Unused Account 1
Replies
Views
Italy
I
O
Just want to check if I'm being an idiot with the price for this? 156 bags x 25kg / 30 bags x 20kg. Job involved manually moving them all through the building, then mixing them all (outside)...
  • One Day
Replies
Views
A
Wondering what you guys prices would be for this job. No materials labour only.
  • AndY mac
Replies
Views
F
Tax
how much work do you do for folk that stop tax? I do probably 20% of my jobs that have tax stopped. Do like or dislike it?
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Priced one the other week, 16m2 metro bathroom,full shower and 1.2 high around the bathroom , plus 9m2 plank floor , me to supply addy,grout silicone,trims and tanking (yes, i asked , advised as i...
  • widler
Replies
Views
F
I've done a kitchen today, average stuff, 3m on the walls, 5 sockets, 1 window with a granite sill so just sides to tile. 6x3 inch rustic porcelain brick bond, a day's work and a bag of adhesive...
  • Flintstone
2 3 4
Replies
Views
F
For those that work on day rate for some of there customers, regulars, builders, etc, Have you charged the same rate for years or do you periodically increase it? I've not upped my basic day rate...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
I have to price this job,around 40sq,ladies toilets. Want exactly how is in the drawing.Any suggestions please:
  • Simons70
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
starting a job in a few weeks and just wondered what everyone else would be charging. Job is in Leeds city centre. Two toilets upstairs, no windows or boxing in. Walls and floor. Downstairs toilet...
  • wayne
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
F
seing as there has been a few talks over this last week or so with pricing etc, thought I would put this one out there, it's one I've priced up, and I think I have it. Wet room with wedi tray...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
One Day
O
F
Just after a little advice, - job has come up with some 80x80 porcelain, 31sq m. Porch, kitchen, conservatory. All running through. There is to be 2 squares of pattern tile in the centre of the...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M
S
Got contacted from a previous customer asking if I could fit her in in a few weeks to tile floors for her, she's got 44m2 to tile, living room & kitchen floor. Not sure on tile sizes, think it's...
  • Stef
Replies
Views
24m2 levelled and tiled with 1200x600 porcs. Straight forward bar the size of them (no skirts and clear room) Out of interest what kind of price would you guys be charging? (not London rates)
  • macten
2 3
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
M
Happy Sunday morning tilers! I had a job on 2 weeks ago which I quoted for about a month before the job. I quoted the job as labour including adhesive and grout but didn't at the time of quoting...
  • moomarine
Replies
Views
F
I've got a job to quote, nice flat hard floor. 10m concervatory. They want thermo boards fitting, Ufh, then tiling with a 4 tile pattern, porcelain. Pretty standard. Largest tile 650x350 ish. Do...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
F
I have to price a job which includes removing 80m of 300x300 floor tiles onto concrete, multi room. How long is a piece of string?
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
F
I've got a job to price with 6.5m pebble mosaic wall. I have done these before but some time ago, it's straight toward set out so I'm told and there is other tiles to lay too, Thoughts? Pre...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
F
When pricing a bathroom with 'average' tiles, say a porcelain that's not too big or something like that, do you base your prices on per meter plus materials, or on how many days plus materials, or...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
dave l and l
D
F
Ayup. Having never supplied and fitted hardie boards im not sure how long they take to fit vs fitting nmp, but im wondering about the costing of them all in. I priced nmp today to do a small...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement