Search the forum,

Discuss While the wife's away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

IMG_6534.JPG IMG_6535.JPG IMG_6536.JPG

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

View attachment 85848 View attachment 85849 View attachment 85850
I'm gonna have to copy that in my living room when I get a day off at Christmas probably the way it's goin

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Cheers chaps, im thinking maybe i should maybe make the chimney go outside, thing kept setting the smoke alarm off last night :flushed:

And you can't even blame the wife's cooking for that.

Looks great though Craig, but get that chimney up to the roof level :thumbsup:

Reply to While the wife's away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays