Currently reading:
whats up with site work

Discuss whats up with site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi peeps,what seems the problem with site work,as ive heared some tilers dont go near it,for example me and the bossman was in the wholesaler and a tiler came up to him and asked if he had any work,as he had gone quiet,my boss said yes but its site work,this chap said thanks but no thanks,its not that bad,im just starting out and im doing floors and walls with different size tiles and patterns,and i can earn good money?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
theres nothing wrong with site work, i know many site tilers and they make a good living from it, when i started tiling i spent 15yrs doing site work.

however i much prefer private work now, with site work its more about quantity rather than quality, and i much prefer to take my time and do a good job nowadays, plus i dont think i could stand another 'site winter' :lol:

J

JMW

plus i dont think i could stand another 'site winter' :lol:

Whats wrong with that? Apart from Frozen water supply? eh the fact its freezing ... Seriosuly this isnt a good thing, standing on a site for 4 days unable to work 1 because the water had frozen and 2 because the min temps had been exceeded by at least 10Deg. There is good and bad with everything.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Maybe I'm weird but I love site work! Just finished tiling in a new build leisure centre, long straight walls where 30m2 was going up every day. Right next to a beach and the sun was shining every day:smilewinkgrin: Don't know if I'm just lucky but i've worked on dozens of sites over the last 7 years and apart from the odd REMOVED day here and there I've never had any major problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to whats up with site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.