Search the forum,

Discuss What size of tile cutter to buy? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

C

colmic

Hi
I have one more question. I have Monti 63 and going to sell it. Want to move to sigma. Just dont know what size to buy. What size of tiles is mostly used? i know it is stupid question, just don't want to buy a cutter and after some time regret it cause it's short. And don't want to buy the biggest one ( money / manipulation). What would be the best compromise?
Or in other words, if you must have just one cutter, what size would it be?
Thanks for opinions.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Easy question to answer:

SIGMA SERIES 3 C2M MAX TILE CUTTER 74cm.

I only tile upto 60x60 but you need a bigger cutter for diagonal cuts. The only exception to size is a wood effect porcelain tile which normally go upto 100cm for which I have a cheap 1mtr cutter off ebay.

You know yourself what size tile you normally tile with. Good luck with your purchase.

C

colmic

Thanks guys. I'm quite surprised, thought you would recommend something around 90-100 :)

C

colmic

And what is the difference between sigma 3c3m and 3c2 (serie3/serie max). I have noticed different handle and what else?

L

LM

@colmic
The 3c3m is a push cutter with a cutting length of 725mm.
The 3c2 is a pull cutter with a cutting length of 770mm.
Then there's the 3c2k which is a different type of push cutter with a length of
740mm.

L

LM

Your probably better off with a 3c2k to start, you can by interchangeable handles at a later stage, but this is a very versatile machine that can handle almost any tile with ease.

A

Aston

my choice would be a sigma 3c3
you will cover a lot of scenarios with this cutter and you have the choice of 3 different handles so it should please everybody. (except a rubi user ;0)

C

colmic

Why not biger size (90 cm or 100 cm)
If I'm willing to pay for 100 cm size, what disadvantage does it have in comparison to 3C3M (72 cm). Or those 30 cm are useless?

Reply to What size of tile cutter to buy? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen