Search the forum,

Discuss water tight bathroom? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yankee1

We just went to see a bathroom job and the customer is wanting the new bathroom floor to be sealed like a wet room only its not a wetroom. He wants this because there are 2 leaks happening right now affecting the shop below the flat (1 from his flat) and he wants to prevent any leaks from his flat from affecting the shop again in the future. I personally think the idea is a bit over the top... Any advice on making an ordinary bathroom floor water tight would be much appreciated..Or is it a waste of time and money?

Mike

M

McP77

BAL WP1 waterproofing kit. Doesn't cost the earth.

Only problem is that if there is a leak, the water won't penetrate the WP1 but could run off and leak someplace else.

D

DHTiling

schluters ditra or kerdi systems could be used but as mcp77 says you need to look into where else it will go because unless you tank floor and so far up the walls then it could still find a place to leak......

G

GazTech

MCP777 and DH are spot on there,the leaks need to be totally stopped,just tanking would be like moving deck chairs on the Titanic...pointless

Reply to water tight bathroom? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen