Search the forum,

Discuss Water stains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

watko

Hello, I didn't pay attention when I entered but it appears that you are all in the UK, I'm in the US. I was just trying to find a way to remove water stains from the slate in my shower?:lol:

G

grumpygrouter

Hello, I didn't pay attention when I entered but it appears that you are all in the UK, I'm in the US. I was just trying to find a way to remove water stains from the slate in my shower?:lol:
everyone is welcome here!:thumbsup:

I am sure you will get a response in a minute or two.

D

DHTiling

Hello watco....you are welcome here....

Can you tell us what type of slate it is..?

And what it is sealed with please..?..

thanks......

T

TilingLogistics

Try Extreme from Aquamix

Kev

W

wetdec

If the slate has brown coloring then its ferrous and Aquamix extreme may well remove the colour.

As Dave asked what type / colour is the slate ?

tiler

T

TilingLogistics

If the slate has brown coloring then its ferrous and Aquamix extreme may well remove the colour.

As Dave asked what type / colour is the slate ?

tiler

So will any other good cleaner if it ferrous. He was talking about removing water staining.

Kev

W

wetdec

Indeed they will so lets find out what we are dealing with before throwing acid on it.........dont you think

tiler

T

TilingLogistics

Indeed they will so lets find out what we are dealing with before throwing acid on it.........dont you think

tiler

Extreme does have a mild acid incorporated into it. However, I have used it on at least 5 different type slate installations to effectively remove water marks. If the problem of rust is also present due to the make up of the slate it is also one of the best cleaners that I know of for rust stains as well. It is also freely available as a product in the USA and this is where this guy is from.

Kev

W

wetdec

Extreme does have a mild acid incorporated into it. However, I have used it on at least 5 different type slate installations to effectively remove water marks. If the problem of rust is also present due to the make up of the slate it is also one of the best cleaners that I know of for rust stains as well. It is also freely available as a product in the USA and this is where this guy is from.

Kev

Exactly it will remove rust and as slate is left to oxidise for the brown colouring then it quite possibly would not be suitable. As I said lets be responsible wait untill we know what the material is b4 we start trying to solve it blind.

T

TilingLogistics

Exactly it will remove rust and as slate is left to oxidise for the brown colouring then it quite possibly would not be suitable. As I said lets be responsible wait untill we know what the material is b4 we start trying to solve it blind.

OK:thumbsup:

Reply to Water stains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen