Currently reading:
Urgent help needed please

Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent help needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile_novice

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your advice.
Some background - suspended wooden floor, 50mm insulation between, UFH, 50mm screed level with joist level & covered in 18mm WBP plywood (not securely fitted at present yet). UFH has been running on the lowest setting for several weeks and screed is dry,
Now don't want to get into the debate on using wood in UFH (I understand the deflection aspect etc, but I had no real choice in this situation - going for full concrete floor would be an arm and a leg because the ground level is 3 foot below the suspended floor!)
The tiles to be used are marble.
Now heres the dilemma - do I overboard with 6mm hardie, then use the SLC, then tile - or do I do the reverse
OR do I go straight over the ply with the SLC, then Ditra then tile
OR does anyone wiser and more experienced then me have any suggestions.

Also have been advised to use an S1 semi rapid adhesive for the marble - was going for the tilemaster setaflex.

Cheers in advance

Reply to Urgent help needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement