Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent advice needed for outside tile floor work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MOSAIC2014

I may a large commission for an outside floor mosaic. Hundreds will walk on it daily and sometimes cars will reverse onto it, from a road that is level to this mosaic flooring.

Mosaic Trader UK sell cinca tiles which they say are suited for outdoor flooring but I don't see how as they are clay based with a glaze. I have samples of another type of cinca tile from Reed in London though no bright red available.

Can anyone recommend the best tiles please. If possible I would like to be able to score the tiles with a lass cutter and snap them - I know porcelain ones are great but hard to cut for a detailed Mosaic. I could use a tile cutter for the porcelain ones - any tips on all points greatly appreciated !

The main colours of the mosaic are BRIGHT RED, JET BLACK, AND WHITE.

The bright red I am finding tricky to source.

If anyone can advise please (builders will cement and screed), I am making the mosaic and installing it.

So - my questions are:

• can anyone recommend tiles for outdoors and a floor, that are not too hard to cut as for a mosaic not a tiling job
  • can anyone tell me where to get a good colour range including a bright red (for floor outdoor tiles as mentioned above)
  • tips on cutting cinca porcelain large tiles appreciated - may be some curves. I know how to use leponett tools etc but are these ok with a tile cutter to slice in half ?
THANK YOU !

M

MOSAIC2014

The mosaic will be made reverse method in my studio, and installed next year - there's a roofed area above it and I would get scaffolding and covers up for the rest - deadline is August 2015.

M

MOSAIC2014

Great and thank you for the advice - will look at that company and the cutter. I need some tiles in big sizes not just 2cm so hopefully they do large tiles ? Cheers !

M

MOSAIC2014

Thanks for the great advice ive looked at the Waxmans site - sent a message for them to call.

For the cutting as I currently work on wall and 3d mosaic I haven't used electric tools as yet - will need some training. The job is a high profile one to be finished July 2015.

Need bright reds, in large tiles, to cut up (and black white and a few other colours)...some will be smaller cuts with curves. Any advice on tools and how to cut them appreciated - will undoubtedly pay a pro tiler to help and also some artists as this is 40 metre sq and mosaic takes a long time to produce.

Many thanks

M

MOSAIC2014

The quote is needed Tues and its a detailed mosaic not a tile laying piece - some of these comments are clear you don't read the info properly...

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

anybody that ask you to price a job like this in a few days is one of two things a joker or a **** taker so do the same back start at £2000 m2 thats the price there looking at thats why they have asked you at the last moment some times its better to walk away with a big price so they wont try to take the **** again

Reply to Urgent advice needed for outside tile floor work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen