Search the forum,

Discuss underfloor heating mat in self levelling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

You can of course use an un-coupling membrane...first then put the ufh on that...

SUITABLE SUBSTRATES FOR SCHLÜTER-DITRA:

It must be verified that substrates which are to receive the Schlüter-DITRA matting are even, load bearing, clean, and compatible. Bond inhibiting surfaces must be removed. Any unevenness or height and slope differences in the substrate must be levelled prior to the application of Schlüter-DITRA.

Concrete
Concrete is subject to lengthy deformation processes due to shrinkage. Concrete and pre-stressed concrete may build up tension because of deflection. Schlüter-DITRA absorbs inherent stresses between the concrete and tile covering so that the tile can be installed as soon as the concrete is hard enough to be walked upon.

Mortar screeds
According to the applicable standards, mortar screeds must cure a minimum of 28 days prior to the installation of tile, and their residual moisture content must be below 2% (percentage by volume). In particular, floating screeds and heated screeds tend to change shape or develop cracks after installation, e.g. due to load stresses or temperature changes. With Schlüter-DITRA, tiles can be installed as soon as the screed can be walked upon.

Schlüter-DITRA is also recommended for uncoupling of radiant heated floors consisting of thin electric heating mats. Schlüter-DITRA may be installed either above or below the heating mat. However, the uncoupling function is more effective if Schlüter-DITRA is installed above the heating mat.

Schlüter-DITRA - Schlüter-Systems

F

faithhealer

hi matt sorry you are hearing what you wanted to hear but these lads know their stuff.
No one has mentioned insulation boards yet. Ufh heating mats straight onto a concrete floor end up being too expensive to run!!
had a customer who wanted it doing immediatley, told her to wait until dry, (despite inconvenience to her) fitted insulation boards etc. She was delighted and has now forgotten about the 'waiting time' Do it right Matt and your wife will appreciate it in the long run even though you might get ear ache this week end.

M

mags

Do these boards negate the necessity of plying a wooden floor? I hope so or youll end up touching the ceiling.

Reply to underfloor heating mat in self levelling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen