Search the forum,

Discuss Tuscan Leveling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Has anyone used it?

I tried it for the first time on this floor and it definately has a learning curve. Two of the biggest hassles are keeping the joints clean, especially around the pyramid thingys, and also worrying about the straps loosening after you have set them and left (it happened to us-defective caps supposedly):mad2:.

Customer service is great from the standpoint of the fact that the owner and inventor gives out his cell phone and actually answers when you call!:thumbsup:

I have been told that it really speeds up production on a large floor.

Attachments

• IMG_1190 (Large).JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
R

Rob Z

Jay, yes, thus their statement at TLS that you have to back butter everything (I would be doing that anyway) and ensure full coverage of thinset (use a large enough trowel of course).

I am going to try it again and give it a fair evaluation. I've been too much under the gun lately to sloow down and evaluate a new product. I'll get a floor to do soon enough and use the TLS again.:thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Hi Doug, this is what I said over at the JB forum for two years, and now that I have tried it (albeit only once), it doesn't do it to an appreciable degree.

TLS says the floor has to be dead flat and the proper trowel used for full coverage. This is an adjustment from the way it was first marketed.

I don't think that air pocket concern is really an issue for me anymore. What is a problem is the loose thinset and the mess in the joints. When I try it again I will get some photos of the stuff going in so you guys can see more. For that first time, it was "all a-holes and elbows" :D trying to get it to work and there wasn't any time to think about it too much.

I will say this: I think this has potential only in the hands of a top-notch tile setter that has a lot of experience. It is NOT well-suited for newbies, IMO.

D

Daveyboy

:huh2: I think I must be missing something here..both systems require a level floor and guaged tiles..equally, the adhesive bed will also need to be level..so when you place/set the tile onto the adhesive bed, it should be level regardless...

After 10 years of tiling, and never having had a problem with lippage on a level floor and guaged tiles, how is this going to improve/speed up my tiling?

P

Peter

:huh2: I think I must be missing something here..both systems require a level floor and guaged tiles..equally, the adhesive bed will also need to be level..so when you place/set the tile onto the adhesive bed, it should be level regardless...

After 10 years of tiling, and never having had a problem with lippage on a level floor and guaged tiles, how is this going to improve/speed up my tiling?

That would be my thoughts too. They'd obviously only be a benefit on bad floors. Seems like if you're pulling a tile up with a bit of plastic rather than lifting the tile and putting a bit more adhesive under it then you're not really going to get the proper coverage. If you were to get proper coverage, you'd be bedding the tile first anyway, seems like a bit of a gimmick. The Lash pegs seem quite expensive too, £15 for 96 pegs and £15 for 96 clips, and if you're doing any kind of meterage at all then 96 won't get you too far. You'd be cheaper spending the £15 on two more bags of adhesive and doing the job right. :lol:

Reply to Tuscan Leveling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.