Search the forum,

Discuss tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I'd be worried about any damage to the edge of the tile if it was natural stone kicking the plastic bits sooooooooo professional out of the joints.

As said, Lash dos'nt give a lot of confidence:lol:

D

doug boardley

just imagine how sore your fingers would get using that lash. Only lash I like is the "going out on the" variety:8:

O

oogabooga

Rob, that guy is flaky as hell...I waited weeks to get the material and the gun, and held a job off to wait for everything. I never got any of it, and I was wanting to pay for everything. A lot of other guys had their time wasted, as well.

Yeah, had to laugh when I saw all the comments at the time with him not following through. Sure he's not part Polynesian?, because that's a common trait (I'm one of the few of my kind not afflicted :smilewinkgrin:)

Don't suppose I'm going to be using the system anyway, as it's pretty expensive. Customers wince enough when I give them my price, let alone allowing for TLS :lol:

R

Rob Z

Yeah, had to laugh when I saw all the comments at the time with him not following through. Sure he's not part Polynesian?, because that's a common trait (I'm one of the few of my kind not afflicted :smilewinkgrin:)

Don't suppose I'm going to be using the system anyway, as it's pretty expensive. Customers wince enough when I give them my price, let alone allowing for TLS :lol:

Rob, I was born in Hawaii...does that mean that I am polynesian, too? :D

T

tenapen

Its down side is the floor as to be quite flat ( +- 5mm over 2 metre's) so when you lay the tile in soft adhesive it gets a good coverage to start with also you cannot use rapid set adhesive. I would say its useful when laying heavy granite etc or porcelain 600x600 tiles. How many times do you lay the tiles only to find that the weight of the tiles as sunk into the adhesive creating a lipper !. This type of thing supports the tiles from underneath and therefore stops a tile sinking. Not for every job but a handy tool to have IMO.

T

tls tech

Hi,to everybody my name is Mick and I'm the inventor of the TLS, by now Rob Z and Rob from New Zealand should have the TLS in their hands. To answer Rob z question we did and pass the all 14 cycles of the Robinson test with flying colors, and also the TLS do not lift the tile but push it in to adhesive,any other questions i will be happy to answer.

Mick

T

tenapen

I notice from the latest RUBI news letter a picture of their version of this fixing system. It looks like a copy to me and wonder if all of the above doubter's will now like it because it say RUBI ?. I have not used it yet as i have not used the TLS latley due to lack of work, but i like the transparent cap, a big improvement and if given to use i will give my thoughts here.
My hope is that RUBI have timed the market wronge as people go back to wanting smaller tiles and mosiacs. Ho the joys of using 150x150 whites.

Regards.

R

Rob Z

One question I have: If when you break the straps after installation, the strap doesn't break below the surface of the tile. What can you do? I know you could cut it level, but surely that will screw with your grouting

Hi Matt, I know it has been a long time since your post, but here is an answer to your question.

The TLS straps are designed to break at the point where the plastic strip joins the base (which is under the tile). In other words, unless the strao is defective, when it breaks it will occur down on the level of the setting bed.

One thing I had to get used to with the TLS gun is to be sure not to over-tighten the cap, because in doing so it breaks the strap off and it can be quite challenging to get another strap in place.:mad2:

Reply to tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen