Currently reading:
Tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting

Discuss Tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I would be calling the back out. 👍
[/QUO
Yes, think we'll have to report it to site manager (new build). We've had so many problems, had to have all the floor tiling in all areas redone. Been without kitchen island and hob since last December when they retiled large area downstairs and ran out of tiles.........!! Been an absolute nightmare!!

Have you got a photo for our lovely tile dectectives?
7F687E6B-E567-42F6-81BF-B8DAF347DF4E.jpeg

This is one of them - although they are very sharp, they are actually plastic. With great difficulty and care I’ve managed to dig them all out - fortunately the tilers left us some grout! I saw the lad kicking out the levellers with his boots so guess that’s why. He also chipped a tile edge which we’ve had replaced. Didn’t notice these boy bits until later!

Reply to Tiny sharp pieces of metal in the grouting in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement