Search the forum,

Discuss tiling over a hard foam with pipes layed inside???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Arn Wheeler

hi guys,
ive had a look at a job recently tiling a bathroom floor. the plumbers have layed like a preformed hard foam with plastic poly pipes running through it.
basically im looking on any advice i can get as ive never tiled over this before and im wondering if i can use nicobond plastic ply layed over the top then tiles over or would it be finr to tile over it as it is and use a single part flexi white adheive for floor and possible flexi grout as its chipboard under the foam profile.

if i can i will try and upload a video of it as i walked it through.

any advice would be great??

cheers guys

Reaction score
Hi arn I have tiled a few of these floor and I tiled straight on top of the boards and pipe and I have never had any problems with them. one thing I would say tho is the plumber said the boards didn't need screwing or sticking down but you could actually see them moving as you walked on them so I made him stick and screw them down or I wouldn't do it as I could nt guarantee that would it wouldn't come up I used weber low dust flexi adhesive good luck mate

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As above for me, I would insist on glue and screw for the baords, also Mapei recommend slc to encapsulate pipes.:thumbsup:

Reply to tiling over a hard foam with pipes layed inside???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen