Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I am due to renew mine and I will because for what it costs over the 5 year period is peanuts .
I have been on site where other trades got turned away because they had no card...thats ok if you have smaller builders or private work to fall back on.
Dont ask me if it all mean anything though, all this health and safety is only put into plan when there is a site visit in progress in my eyes.

S

Stocks Tiles

Did I read right on a previous post, that you can actually gain access onto building sites as a Tiler using the green CSCS card?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
if you don't work on site you don't need one. Would I like to see it enforced in the in the domestic market 100% yes

Imo the cscs card as it stands means nothing.
You don't need to be a qualified tiler to obtain one so whats the point of enforcing it into the domestic market.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
if you don't work on site you don't need one. Would I like to see it enforced in the in the domestic market 100% yes

You don't need to be a qualified tiler to obtain one so whats the point of enforcing it into the domestic market.

T

The D

You can obtain a card that will last for one year and when it needs to be renewed you will need to have an level 2 NVQ. this is how we get a "qualified" workforce.

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am with Deano on this one !
I don't have a card as we dont do site work but for the cost and if it was necessary I'd get one.
If we can get our trade regulated and if NVQ level 2 is a requirement then it's a start. Even in the domestic market it would go some way to raise the standard of tiling.
IMO just because you don't need them shouldn't be a reason for not having to achieve a level of competence .
My son earned his Level 2 a few years ago and they gave me mine for being there and still managing to get up and down off the floor.

Reply to Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen