Search the forum,

Discuss tiling course right or wrong? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mctile

I thing I have been robbed
I have done a course at Yorkshire tiling academy and some things on this site tell me that the course is not right, the guys are nice and seem to know what there doing but there are some things that don’t seem right, can any one put my mind at rest
1) PVA every thing before tiling.
2) For the corner tiles put a dot in the centre so you can move the tile to where you want it.
3) take photos off the net and put them in to a book and tell the customers you have done them,
4) Tell the customer and insurance company that you have been tiling for 2 to 3 years

Thanks Mc

G

Gazzer

Is this a joke/wind up?
What do you mean by "For the corner tiles put a dot in the centre so you can move the tile to where you want it"

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong. Clearly Wrong.

Normally the YTA lads check on here every few days so they'll be here to stand their corner if this is a wind-up.

But that's so so wrong. PVA everything? they know better than that and even I know that they know better than that.

You wouldn't be competition of YTA would you MC?

M

Mctile

this is not a joke this is what is on the course
the dot is a large dot of adhesive that is put in the centre of the tile so you can move the tile to fit like pushing on one corner or one side to line the tile up.

Dan i have been on the course and i have the certificate the give at the end of the course for what its worth

R

Rad2474

If they are telling you to take photo's and pass them off as your own you should report them to trading standards. Rememeber if you pass off someone else's work as your own to get business i would think that was illegal and if your work isn't as good as the photo's your reputation will soon be very bad and you might get reported to ts.

G

Gazzer

It doesnt sound as if your certificate is worth anything to me from what you say. If you were on site with me and you used those methods i would kick you off myself.

B

brian c

That is not good working practice m8,so if you are unsure of how to do anything properly then just put a new thread on the forum and the lads and lasses will set you off in the right direction.Sorry but it sounds a waste of money but i hope you get something out of it m8.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
this is not a joke this is what is on the course
the dot is a large dot of adhesive that is put in the centre of the tile so you can move the tile to fit like pushing on one corner or one side to line the tile up.

Dan i have been on the course and i have the certificate the give at the end of the course for what its worth

Wow - so it's true. I'm speechless so I'll say nowt. :huh2: :mad2:

G

GazTech

I dont think any tiling school or academy, would be nieve enough to think comments made like these on a course would not end up here for all to view. It sounds like a joke to me, but time will tell, if it is found to be true....a reputation will be badly tarnished and surely buisness lost. I'm certain YTA will take this allogation very seriously

Reply to tiling course right or wrong? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen