Currently reading:
Tiles on a concrete floor butted together

Discuss Tiles on a concrete floor butted together in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hello everyone, it's me again.
I'll try to make this as short as possible. A good friend of mine had the floor in his studio (about 30 sq.meters) re-tiled recently and the tiles are butted together (no grout lines). I've read all the previous threads on this subject, so for me that's not a good practice. I am talking about a concrete floor, by the way. His tiles are not expensive, about 20 Euros (210 SEK as we are in Sweden) per square meter, and over here that's as cheap as it gets.
So, is it acceptable to butt up (cheap) tiles if the substrate is concrete? I hope this makes sense.

I think that "there will be tears", as one of the members on here said. :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
O

On one

Just by chance, saw this on today's tiles.
''Technical reasons''........aka not square, not flat, not parallel....

20190701_112128.jpg

Reply to Tiles on a concrete floor butted together in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement