Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trackers?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

I honestly think that the legs are a good design and I like the new clip together battens they have the potential to be useful to some people but I think you have over estimated its value. At the price you have it at there is no hope of me ever even trying it. I would still have reservations even if you halved the price. But I do hope you find your market. Just to say as a tiler I wish you would not promote dodgy fixing practise in your videos.

C

charlie1

I don't think yous understand what I mean, its not the stands that slump its the timber. Let's say over a 2m span I would usually use about 6-8 screws to attach batten. Now using the stands then they are only supported in 2 places. If you take a 2 meter piece of 2x1 timber , place on the ground and lift one end then look down it, it will slump very slightly + there never totally straight anyway hence why I fix with so many screws using laser. Stands are maybe ok for small tiles but we already have non slip adhesive for them!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Tiletracker only £59.99 plus £1 p&p @ Buy Suretile 2.25m Tile Tracker with Tiling Multitool from IdealWorld.tv

I'm gong to give this one a go. I've tried Rubi stands and they make the job more difficult. A complete waste of money. I always tile the wall one tile up, then the floor, then the bottom row of wall. £61 with ideal world compared with £78 on ebay.

Reply to Tile trackers?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24" could work also. I am in San Diego, CA, USA, so would need packaging and shipment if not local. here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
There is some stain/marking on the mosaic tiles in my living room. These stains are more visible when seen under light reflection. The floor does not look good at all with these stains, and we...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.