Currently reading:
Tile bullnoser and polisher

Discuss Tile bullnoser and polisher in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

It's one of these you're looking for.

P1050779.jpg

M14 fitment - will attached directly to a polisher or variable speed grinder and is self guiding.

C

Concrete guy

Full bull nose and Half bull nose are the correct terms.

Step treads usually used a full bull nose if there's an overhang, that way you don't get your foot/ankle caught on a sharp underside edge. Same for cappings and window sills.

Half bull nose would be used for skirting tiles or where stone finishes flat on a wall.

A pencil edge is basically a half bull nose that is a small radius - circa 3mm to 5mm.

C

Concrete guy

If you're regularly doing bull nosings for pool copings for example then one of those router machines is absolutely ideal.

Like you say, for everyone else that does the occasional set of steps or window sills then the self guiding router bits are ideal.

The drill bits have surprised me to be honest, we brought them in as a DIY product that were aimed at the domestic market as a low cost solution for people who wanted to drill half a dozen holes and were unlikely to use them again, people that are not about to spend £90 on a single drill bit. The volume of trade orders we're getting has caught us by surprise.

I'm near Godstone in Surrey.

Reply to Tile bullnoser and polisher in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.