Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My host recently part ex'd his DB9 for a Lambo Spider. 100k's worth.

So we're talking a good 30 years to get one of them. I might start smoking more so it equals 6k p/a, then it's only 15 years to wait for it :lol:

P

paul damian

only just seeing your post Dan, good luck mate with your quest, maybe one day i will grow a set and see the **** are doing me know good and pack them up. Best of luck dan.

P

Prem Tiler

You don't need my luck guys. You are stopping smoking guys, I have faith in you because its YOUR dession. Just sort it

S

Scott

When i stoppede i didnt throw the ciggies left in the packet away, nor did i empty the ashtray at home or in the van. I added a touch of water to teh one at home and kept it by the PC. Everytime i wanted a puff while on the computer id have a little sniff of the ashtray. Of course it was rank. Try it and have a good old lung full of it, its vile.

I also didnt change my lifestyle, i didnt stop going to the pub because i smoked more with a beer or because others would be smoking. I believe if you stop doing all the things you normally do then it seems you are making more of a sacrifice that just stopping smoking.

Good luck everyone, ill be smoke free for 5 years next month!

I

Ian

Well here we are, just been out for the last one! Bring on tomorrow morning and hopefully a smoke free future :)

S

SandyFloor

Just to give you all some incentive. I'm not a heavy smoker but the wife is about 20 a day. We stayed in a hotel last night (Saturday) and she had to get dressed at 2am, go down from the third floor and have a smoke in the rain....even I thought it quite sad and pathetic. I've had her agree to quit with me in the new year.

L

larmar

Hi Dan best of luck on quitting I used to smoke 40 a day , tried for years to give up , tried every gadget, chewing gum ,patches, inhalers , pills on the tounge,you name it I tried it , in the end a local hypnotist worked , 15 years now and never botheres me , best £25 I have spent good luck , L .M

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Righteo. Hope you're all doing well. I've had one ciggy in two halves so far, possibly have another later in two halves but will wait for now. Going to not get beers in. And I've kept myself well busy all day sorting out the office. Still a fair bit to do so I'll carry on tomorrow.

Spent a good hour and half in staples getting stationary and files and whatnot so that took a chunk out of this morning which is usually when I want one the most. I didn't take any ciggies with me so just had the one half when I got back, and one half not so long ago. Ash tray looks lonely but it'll have to put up with it haha

I

Ian

Ive had a couple today, used the nicotine gum aswell (not at the same time!) Figured cutting down rather than stopping instantly is going to be the best way for me. Happy with progress though

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any patches or gums or anything yet. Wanted to get in the docs to get some free jobbies. Still never got a call back from the NHS place so will pester the docs for a contact. So I've gone cold turkey.

It's helped having such a bad cough as I'm on the tail end of man flu that I got thursdayish and just have a cough again now but saturday morning I couldn't move my head my neck was aching that much. The mrs has been looking after me all weekend, bless.

Well done though mate. How's the Mrs doing?

I

Ian

Shes not had 1 yet, and shes had a grumpy ill baby all day! Made of tougher stuff than me, however she did quit while she was pregnant so shes only been smoking again for 5 months! I've got the excuses book out already! I'll be in the corner thinking about what I've done if anyone needs me :)

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen