Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Yeah but Mike made it look easy and I've not seen that often.

Only heard of a couple of people that just decided to stop one day and did, and one of those guys was only a few months ago (though he'd quit 20 years or more ago).
I know quite a few Dan, it's been said before but it's in the mind set

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers for the support. When I do this and have quit for 9 days I'm going to find somebody else on one of the forums to carry on the trend. And when they've quit for 9 days they need to find somebody.

I

Ian

Funnily enough I've got about 4 days worth of baccy left and Mrs J and myself have agreed we're going to stop. I've tried before and not really had a good reason to suceed, however we have a little girl who's 7 months old now and thats a good enough reason for us both as the smell is not nice and most importantly I want to be able to run around with her as she grows up and not spew a lung up every time because I'm out of breath!!! Sorry to be so graphic!!! So Dan, I'M IN!

F

faithhealer

Funnily enough I've got about 4 days worth of baccy left and Mrs J and myself have agreed we're going to stop. I've tried before and not really had a good reason to suceed, however we have a little girl who's 7 months old now and thats a good enough reason for us both as the smell is not nice and most importantly I want to be able to run around with her as she grows up and not spew a lung up every time because I'm out of breath!!! Sorry to be so graphic!!! So Dan, I'M IN!
is mrs J as keen Brian, does she know the tf is watching her

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's brilliant Brian mate! And I've ordered some stuff off the stop smoking website and will give the docs a call so it looks like we have a starting date of next Monday then? Start of the week and all that.

Reaction score
I'd stopped for 3 mths, but started again, a couple of weeks ago while on holiday. I have a good reason to stop as i have a bit of c.o.p.d, and my little brother died from lung cancer when he was only 43. I am determined to beat the ciggys, even if i have to wear a patch, every day for the rest of my life.

C

CJ CERAMICS

funnily my wife was talking about this tonight when i came home....she gave up 2 years ago, she asked me when i was going to give up?

when either you stop nagging or the BORO win the F.A cup i said.........you have more chance of me stopping nagging she replied....oh how we laughed.

but seriously good luck with it Dan.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd stopped for 3 mths, but started again, a couple of weeks ago while on holiday. I have a good reason to stop as i have a bit of c.o.p.d, and my little brother died from lung cancer when he was only 43. I am determined to beat the ciggys, even if i have to wear a patch, every day for the rest of my life.

Are you in then?

So

Dan
Brian J
Mrs J
And Phil?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Monday mate as I can get my contact for the support thing and get some nhs advice sorted and Brian J has 4 days of baccy left :lol: I have some **** too, nearly the same amount of days too to be honest. I might have to buy 10 on Sunday though but I'll try not to.

Feels better doing it in a bunch as I'll feel like I'm letting somebody down. Though don't dodge the forums if you struggle! You can always try again when we've quit for 9 days. :D

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen