Currently reading:
The prep work is all done for you!!!!

Discuss The prep work is all done for you!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Spoke to a chap on the phone last night who had 2 bathrooms to do in a new build (wall tiling only), he told me that all the prep was done and was good to go, he just needed a price. Went round on the way home tonight and to be fair to him the walls were very flat and level, only problem................9mm ply with 2 coats of varnish as a 'sealer' :lol: I politely tried to tell him that it wasn't a very good surface to tile to and that ideally I'd like to overboard it, he was having none of it and told me that varnished ply was perfect for tiling to. So to all of us out there who have been using cement boards, aqua panel, tanked plaster board etc, we've been doing it wrong. Why ask a pro for advice on a job and ignore everything that is being said??? Mental :mad2:

R

Rich

Well I have just finished off a bathroom and the customer phoned my partner in a hell of a state because we had "forgotten to grout the corners" he explained that we would be back in the morning (she was out when we left) to silicone the internals. Turned up in the morning and she confronted us about it because she had asked all her friends about it and they had never herd of silicone in the corners... What can you say?

Reply to The prep work is all done for you!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.