Search the forum,

Discuss The disastrous consequence of no decoupling on u/fl heated screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, this is a job I have been doing for the last two weeks, which started as a repair including 9 tiles, but because the floor was laid so badly this ended up being 50 odd tiles, after removing the originals, with 16 of the lifted tiles having to have 5mm of screed ground up and dural ci matting fitted in a vain attempt by the builder to limit his damages, as the tiling company that originally fitted this had "disappeared":incazzato:. The reason(s) for replacement, was tiles cracking due to settlement, very bad bedding of tiles, bad trowelling, screed expansion/contraction, no bonding used and no expansion joints anywhere, and obviously no decoupler:yikes::yikes:. Apart from that ok:lol:.

Attachments

• DSC01016.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01020.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01022.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC01023.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC01017.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 125

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Unfortunately not Whitebeam, I went through 3 stone cutting discs to get the fibre re-inforced screed up, and gallons of water to keep the dust down as the house was being lived in as I was doing it.:yikes::yikes:

S

Scott

Blimey, half that addy looks like is hasnt stuck to the screed or the tile. Almost as if its skinned before the tiles went down.

I hope your on day rate i reckon thats gonna be up and re-laid all the way through before long

Good luck with it

Edit: Nice website btw i hadnt seen yours before is it new?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had to insert dural ci over the ground up screed where the cracks were before re-laying the tiles, and it's all done and dusted now, next time I will insist complete floor replacement. The people living there were amazingly patient, and couldn't thank me enough, phew!:thumbsup:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Blimey, half that addy looks like is hasnt stuck to the screed or the tile. Almost as if its skinned before the tiles went down.

I hope your on day rate i reckon thats gonna be up and re-laid all the way through before long

Good luck with it

Edit: Nice website btw i hadnt seen yours before is it new?

Thanks mate, it's about 10 months old now, but I've been working on it with my other half (she's the designer) for about 6 months raising the profile etc etc.

Reply to The disastrous consequence of no decoupling on u/fl heated screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen