Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking over Wedi board in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good evening,
I’m hoping someone can assist with a question I have regarding tanking over Wedi board.
I’m currently renovating my bathroom and turning it into a wet room. I’ve laid an Impey Aqua Dec-4 former and for the immediate shower area walls I’ve removed the old plasterboard and replaced this with Wedi board. I’ve sealed the Wedi board joints and mechanical fixings with Wedi 610 and sealing tape. I’ve tanked the Aqua Dec and wet room floor with Impey Waterguard.
However I have enough Waterguard left over to tank over the wedi board shower walls and approx 1m into the rest of the room. I’m aware that Wedi board once sealed is considered watertight. However is there anything stopping me tanking over the Wedi board, or is that overkill?

Reply to Tanking over Wedi board in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen