Search the forum,

Discuss Stand Alone Tile Saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

etc.tiling

I recently went to see a job a friend was having done (never do work for friends - learnt that one the hard way) and the tiler was using a FERM FRTC-600 tile cutter. I ditched my stand alone wet cutter because it sprayed water everywhere and was a pain in the back-side to empty the water out of at the end of the day. I now use a little Briccolina and a big daddy Montolit dry cutter.

I was blown away by how little spray came off the FRTC-600! It was being used in-doors under the stairs cutting filled travertine tiles like a hot knife through butter. The fella told me he bought it off eBay and was the best thing he'd bought in 20 years of tiling. Have to say, his workmanship was very good!

Can anyone tell me where I can buy one of these babies from or is there something better. The key is I don't want a machine that sprays the wall to death (this one didn't spray at all) and the water reservoir should be easy to empty at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Clive

G

Gazzer

Thanks Sir Ramic ...

If your FRTC-600 was 110V does this mean you'd still be using it or was it a dog to work with? The one I saw looked very impressive because of the lack of spray and ease of emptying the reservoir. It did the usual 45 degree mitre too.

It does exactly what it needs to do, no moans really. If it was 110v then i would have been using it more.

G

Gazzer

CTD had decent deals in their glasgow branch on 110v wet saws.
3 different models, between £80 and £300ish.
Pretty sure the middle one, around£180 i think, had a 800w motor.
I cant remember the make they were though, but they were all bright orange if that helps anyone figure out what make they may be.

I think they would be Norton.

D

Droopy

I think they would be Norton.
That's the one.

tt200em-lg.jpg

This one was about £179, I think, in CTD.
You can get the 220V one for £117 here though... http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Norton-Clipper-TT200EM-Tile-Saw.html

Edit..
TT200B-sml.gif

110v £270. I think CTD was a wee bit more. Not 100% sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stand Alone Tile Saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.