Currently reading:
Square metres

Discuss Square metres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I know its difficult to get the balance right, and justifying a higher price can be difficult. Being able to deliver your promises to a customer is paramount if your prices are higher than your competitors. When we first started this recession we had a lot of trouble pricing because so many tradesmen were coming off sites who only tiled 2 sides of a bath and a splashback. Cheap prices, poor materials, no dust sheets down etc. When we asked customers if the other tilers could give references, a lot of them had never even worked in a private residence! I have a feeling they have been 'found out' now.

S

Stef

The majority of my work is "On site" but i know for a fact that i will leave a far better job than any other so called tilers in my area.

I dont advertise, i work through word of mouth & i havent been stuck for work for over 7 years.

I work on the ethos that i leave a job that i am happy to leave in my own house & i am not happy until my client is!!

I understand that there are "Tilers" coming off site to do shoddy work, you get what you pay for.

I have seen them come & go & i keep will too!!

I

Ian

Robson, when I started working for myself my wife said to me 'Just imagine me looking over your shoulder on every job' and believe me she is a perfectionist. It's stood me in good stead.

Very wise words, I like it! If I had my wife looking over my shoulder every day my work area would have to be immaculately clean, the words 'dirt' and 'untidy' are not in her vocabulary!

I

Ian

Robson, when I started working for myself my wife said to me 'Just imagine me looking over your shoulder on every job' and believe me she is a perfectionist. It's stood me in good stead.

Very wise words, I like it! If I had my wife looking over my shoulder every day my work area would have to be immaculately clean, the words 'dirt' and 'untidy' are not in her vocabulary!

Reply to Square metres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.