Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First coat of wood preserver on at 10pm but at least it's done!!

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

Thing is I'll never use it. I could have got a 55'' OLED smart telly and wall bracket for what this is going to cost me - I'm gonna make her sit out there in winter

O

Old Mod

Thing is I'll never use it. I could have got a 55'' OLED smart telly and wall bracket for what this is going to cost me - I'm gonna make her sit out there in winter

Blimey you’ve grafted there Nick!
How deep are those piles?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
700mm - that was yesterday and it killed me ! Today was a breeze compared to that.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To be fair apart from breaking up the concrete where the old bricks were it was just like clay and I stopped when I hit the hardcore which was about 60-70cm. Easy digging compared to what it could have been (done loads of fences and there's brick, big stones and roots and one hole can take 1/2 a day) After 16 I was knackered though :p

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
was going to ask you what it's like once I'd stopped sulking

O

Old Mod

To be fair apart from breaking up the concrete where the old bricks were it was just like clay and I stopped when I hit the hardcore which was about 60-70cm. Easy digging compared to what it could have been (done loads of fences and there's brick, big stones and roots and one hole can take 1/2 a day) After 16 I was knackered though :p

Yeah I know mate, I’ve been digging some piles in my garden, 100 x 100 posts to 800mm. Thing is I need 48! I’m half way :(

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Haha - you've cheered me up now. I wouldn't want to do that for 2 tellys!

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen