Search the forum,

Discuss SLC and the need for perimeter edging strip? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris G

morning everyone, just a quick one. Self levelling a 42m floor today over electric under floor heating . Is a perimeter edging strip necessary? Does the SLC need expansion gap around the perimeter ? Any help please

Q

Qwerty

A late reply from me I know, but I always use a bead of expanding foam around perimeter to keep an expansion joint

C

Chris G

Thanks for the advice mate , better late than never . I spoke with the tech guy at norcross as used the pro50 SLC . He advised me that no need for perimeter gap In the SLC . Just the need for 10mm perimeter gap on the tiling . I suppose any extra measures you take won't hurt .
Cheers

O

On one

The expanding foam also acts as a dam for the SLC,
If the SLC goes down a hole you could lose a considerable amount of SLC and possibly have a low spot in the subfloor

Reply to SLC and the need for perimeter edging strip? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen