Search the forum,

Discuss Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

downloadfile-1.jpg
these ones

O

Old Mod

I don't even understand how that ^^ works!!
The handles open up nick and the rubber base lays flat, when you close them up it creates a vacuum beneath attaching the sucker.
Textured ones work because they have a bigger skirt arrangement around the outside making the edge more flexible allowing it to adhere to a textured surface correctly.

O

Old Mod

You can buy decent hand pump vacuum lifters from around £50, all the way up to battery operated
@£750
Most hand pump ones I’ve used have worked well, it’s all about budget.
Always worth stretching that bit extra for lifters that cope with textured surfaces, but they do require more work attaching them. Not significantly, probably 50% more effort to attach.
Depends how lazy you are I suppose. :D

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
The handles open up nick and the rubber base lays flat, when you close them up it creates a vacuum beneath attaching the sucker.
Textured ones work because they have a bigger skirt arrangement around the outside making the edge more flexible allowing it to adhere to a textured surface correctly.

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence Marc - if you hadn't I'd be worried what you must think of me :p

Filip

TF
Midlands
Got a big DIY job to do and been doing a lot of research to top up my tile knowledge and keep seeing people using suction pads. As I always end up getting my fingers in the addy I thought it a good idea to get one and I love it ---- I have just spent 2 hours going around the house attaching it to every thing and any thing. Doesn't work on the wife's thigh's though !
£7.50 silverline aluminium from toolstation and a slap in the face from the wife.

Reply to Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.