Currently reading:
silicone sealant on surface of plasterboard

Search the forum,

Discuss silicone sealant on surface of plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rsparky

hi sir Ramic, maybe i need to be more specific. I had to re-plasterboard a stud wall in the bathroom and I was sealing the gaps between ceiling and adjacent walls prior to tiling, my sealing skills are not the greatest in the world and in smoothing off i managed to get quiet a bit wiped onto the surface, as i will be tiling the area I am now concerned that the tile adhesive will not stick. If this is the case is there any way of removing excess sealant without damaging the paper lining of the plasterboard or am i fretting over nothing. cheers

Reply to silicone sealant on surface of plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement