Search the forum,

Discuss Sandy stuff under bathroom wall tiles!!?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time here as a first time buyer in a flat where literally everything needs doing, and now I have no money, so DIY here I come!

So I've started on the bathroom, and have been removing the wall tiles, and they've pretty much been falling off in big sections, coming off with the tiles and underneath on the wall, is this kind of weird sandy stuff, the main bits on the wall are relatively solid, but some bits are soft like wet sand by the shore!

What is this please? What do I do? Will my place fall down?

Any advice, tips and tricks much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Lana

Attachments

• 20220524_121524.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220524_121903.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 25

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Looks like water has penetrated the tiling/grout and soaked into old plaster, this will make it go crumbly. Your house isn't going to fall down but you might want to speak to a tiler and/or plasterer to get it put right.

It could be a bit of an ambitious project for a DIY'er.

Reaction score
Looks like water has penetrated the tiling/grout and soaked into old plaster, this will make it go crumbly. Your house isn't going to fall down but you might want to speak to a tiler and/or plasterer to get it put right.

It could be a bit of an ambitious project for a DIY'er.
Thanks for the relieving response! As long as it's not going to all crumble away, and its fixable, then im more then happy to get somebody in at some point. Thanks again 👍

Reply to Sandy stuff under bathroom wall tiles!!?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen