Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Floor with Existing Adhesive and Backerboard in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I've had my floor tiles lifted in my ensuite as there was a leak in the toilet. It's a newbuild house so the builder is doing the work.

The floor tiling was done by my own contractor who used 6mm hardies backer board.

The builder hasn't stripped the adhesive or backer and I think he is intending to tile on the old adhesive.

This is going to add height, although not much. Apart from that is there any reason other than saving money that he shouldn't be doing it this way and should be lifting and replacing the old backer board?

I've added a photo. Obviously need to raise the level of where the toilet is to match.

16049495525722771057305979634631.jpg

Reply to Replacement Floor with Existing Adhesive and Backerboard in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen